Thursday, July 3, 2008

The Bubble Principle






But when the Holy Spirit controls our lives, he will produce this kind of fruit in us: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. ~ Galatians 5:22-23 NLT



The beautiful Spring day beckoned to us.  Kaitlyn opened up her bubbles, took out the wand and blew as hard as she could.  ‘Splat!’ went the bubble solution onto the ground.  With a frustrated face, Kaitlyn looked to me for help.  


“Kaitlyn’, I said, “if you blow gently,  you’ll make more bubbles and they will travel farther.”  She took the wand and ever so gently blew and out came a multitude of small and large bubbles carried away by the wind.  The girls squealed and ran after them.  


As soon as I saw Kaitlyn’s success, the LORD  spoke to my heart that this wise lesson also applies to training up my children.  When we blow too hard, the results are often a huge burst...usually into tears!  But when we blow with the gentleness of HIS Spirit, we give them the wherewithal to go a greater distance and we refrain from bursting their bubble in the process!


Spiritual Principle:  Our children need our loving instruction and gentle wind to carry them into the blessed life that God has created them for.


* The above article was written by me and can be found in A Cup of Comfort Devotional for Mothers.  I thought you'd enjoy it and I certainly needed the message (again!!!) today!

No comments:

But as for me, Heaven forbid that I should boast about anything except the execution-stake of our Lord Yeshua the Messiah! Through Him, as far as I am concerned, the world has been put to death on the stake; and through Him, as far as the world is concerned, I have been put to death on the stake.  For neither being circumcised nor being uncircumcised matters; what matters is being a NEW CREATION. And as many as order their lives by this rule, shalom upon them and mercy, and upon the Isra'el of God! 

~ Galatians 6:14-16

All Content © 2016 Mereas of Grace/Women of the Word All Rights Reserved