Thursday, July 10, 2008

Only For a Season



If the sun were always shining and there were never any showers,

Gone would be the butterflies & the beauty of the flowers

And so it is with you and I, the plantings of our LORD

Secrets & wonderful plans He whispers through His holy Word!

Heavenly Father plants us gently.  Soon after, we take root

Patiently, He waits for His tender little shoot

Heaven’s rains begin to fall amidst the clouds and scary thunder

‘Are you still there?’ the Tiny Plant begins to wonder

I AM right beside yousays Heavenly Father with a smile

'The rains I have sent...but only for a while'

Just when I think I am surely headed for some definite doom!

I feel something moving, changing...could that be a bloom?

Suddenly the rain subsides, the sun breaks through, and its rays caress my face

'I thank you,  my Heavenly Father, for Your warm, relieving grace!'

Compassionately He speaks:  'Look how you’ve grown through this replenishing rain!'

'My hand never once left you as you struggled in your pain

See, now, your lovely petals, My sweet smelling flower?'

I make all things beautiful in its time!’ He spoke out in His power

'When I planted you in the soil, I already saw what you would be

I use both rain and sunshine to fulfill My plans for thee!

Rains I do allow for My holy life-giving reason

But Precious child, remember...It is ONLY FOR A SEASON.'


If the LORD hadn’t helped me, I would have soon dwelt in silence.  

when I said, ‘my foot is slipping!’, Your grace, LORD,  supported me.  

When my cares within me are many, Your comforts cheer me up.  

~ Psalm 94:17-19

Blessed be the Name of the LORD!



4 comments:

lori said...

did you write that? It's absolutely beautiful!!
I hope you got my email...you are just amazing!!

Carmen....I'm so glad that our paths have crossed...and I'm really getting fond of the title..."blogress" :)

hugs to you!
lori

Carmen said...

Why, yes I did, Ms. Lori. I wrote it for a women's conference back in '05. I had been so steeped in intercession, worship & praise (had been practicing long hours with my worship team, One Voice)...and it just began to flow out of my spirit the day of the conference. I passed them out that night to every woman there...it came from the Heavens! I'm not that talented.

Joyful said...

Carmen, thanks for visiting my blog! I'm so glad you did, because I may have never found you and I would have missed this precious poem - AMAZING! I love the feeling you captured and the truth conveyed! Beautiful!

Blessings,
Joy

JMBMOMMY said...

This is beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing this. I love this part especially-- 'When I planted you in the soil, I already saw what you would be".

My husband wrote in his blog yesterday "God already has in mind a perfect man and he will make it happen. It is not some idealistic image that is unattainable, but my future. It is not a concept, but God's purpose. I thank God today that the person that I am today is only a temporary transition to the completion God has in store for me. "

"being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;" Phil 1:6.

Yes, truly -- Blessed be the Name of the Lord!

But as for me, Heaven forbid that I should boast about anything except the execution-stake of our Lord Yeshua the Messiah! Through Him, as far as I am concerned, the world has been put to death on the stake; and through Him, as far as the world is concerned, I have been put to death on the stake.  For neither being circumcised nor being uncircumcised matters; what matters is being a NEW CREATION. And as many as order their lives by this rule, shalom upon them and mercy, and upon the Isra'el of God! 

~ Galatians 6:14-16

All Content © 2016 Mereas of Grace/Women of the Word All Rights Reserved