Friday, February 13, 2009

Fresh Bread Anyone?


 מַה-הוּא; וַיֹּאמֶר מֹשֶׁה, אֲלֵהֶם, הוּא הַלֶּחֶם, אֲשֶׁר נָתַן יְהוָה לָכֶם לְאָכְלָה.



When the people of Isra'el saw it, they asked each other, "Man hu? [What is it?]"because they didn't know what it was. Moshe answered them, "It is the bread which ADONAI has given you to eat. 

~ Exodus 16:15 (CJB)




Are you eating stale Bread or is it Fresh?  Just as ADONAI did with the children of Israel in sending the manna with each new day for their sustenance, so He does with us.  The questions to ask are, ‘Am I aware of this most amazing concept?  And will I retrieve and receive this Bread for me and my household today?’

Our LORD does not expect His child to eat yesterday’s leftover Bread.  In fact, He insists that we do not.  Why?  Because He has FRESH BREAD for you today, my Sister!  And today’s Bread is not meant to be munched on tomorrow!  Tomorrow, we receive new Manna and it will bring forth the growth He desires.  In Matthew’s account, Jesus said:  
If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good things to those who ask Him (Matthew 7:11)!   

Give us this day our daily bread.

Many of us are not getting what is required because we are merely existing on yesterday’s provision (or last year’s). Therefore, we have become malnourished, nutritionally deficient and lacking growth.  Yesterday’s Bread was tasty, indeed, but it was meant for yesterday.  And today’s manna is good only for today.  When it is taken in according to His instruction, it fills, nourishes, sustains and brings forth growth.   

 Then the Lord said to Moses, "I am going to rain bread from heaven for you. The people are to go out each day and gather enough for that day. This way I will test them to see whether or not they will follow My instructions.  On the sixth day, when they prepare what they bring in, it will be twice as much as they gather on other days." (Exodus 16:4-5)  

What happened to the manna that was left until morning?  What happened when they didn’t trust Him enough to follow HIS instruction?  I mean, this was heavenly bread!  Well, it became infested with maggots and stank! (Exodus 16:20)  Eating up and taking in the manna before morning showed great TRUST that God would provide more the next day...and this pleases Him.   

Are you seeing the most intimate fashion that our Heavenly Father desires to interact with you everyday through His heavenly provisions?  

He knows what each of us needs and He has already provided it!  Have you eaten that Heavenly Bread today in HIS Presence?  The Israelite’s problem then is the same as it is today for us.  Check your spirit, Sister.  

Have you received His allotted portion for you today? 

 

Father God, make us to see this great intimacy You desire to have with us today.  Help us to understand that any discontentment in our lives just might be because we have failed to pick up and eat that which You have provided.  Fill us, bless us with more of You, and be glorified in each one today.  Blessed be Your most Holy Name! Amen.

(previously posted 7/4/08)

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Amen, sister! Such a wonderful expression of God's Truth! I do crave fresh manna, not only every morning but throughout the entire day. His Word is the sustenance that richly nourishes me, and His Spirit is the wellspring that quenches my thirst.

"I have not departed from the commands of His lips; I have treasured the words of His mouth more than my daily bread." (Job 23:12)

"Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him." (Psalm 34:8)

Tracy Berta-daughter to the King, wife, mother, speaker, writer said...

Amen, Sister! Thanks for the great reminder!

I have also learned that when God gives me new insight, quickens my spirit, teaches me...I need to write it down! I have often gone "back" to what He had taught and even though I was so excited when He had given it....I struggled with getting it back completely. (And, maybe it is just those 40-something brain cells!)

Great reminder, Carmen!

Blessings!

But as for me, Heaven forbid that I should boast about anything except the execution-stake of our Lord Yeshua the Messiah! Through Him, as far as I am concerned, the world has been put to death on the stake; and through Him, as far as the world is concerned, I have been put to death on the stake.  For neither being circumcised nor being uncircumcised matters; what matters is being a NEW CREATION. And as many as order their lives by this rule, shalom upon them and mercy, and upon the Isra'el of God! 

~ Galatians 6:14-16

All Content © 2016 Mereas of Grace/Women of the Word All Rights Reserved